The town of Pozzolengo counts 3470 citizens. Its surface is 21,1 km2 and its density 161,61. It stands 135 m above the sea level.
The village is overlooking a natural terrace where is located the Lugana wine area.
The village stretches itself among the moraine hills and it borders to three provinces: Brescia, Verona, Mantova.
The landscape is alternated by small hills and planes. Its greenwood consists of plants such as poplars, willow, sycamore and oak. This area is rich of wetlands where grow spontaneous vegetation. Thanks to its neighbourhood to the Lake Garda, the place is influenced by a mild weather, due to these facts, the native environment becomes a suitable habitat for some species of flora and fauna.
According to the culinary delights, Pozzolengo proposes to its visitors a range of traditional food such as the biscuits of Pozzolengo, the typical moraine sausage DE.CO and the Lugana wine.
Another new cultivation, worth to being mentioned is the native Saffron of Pozzolengo which is recognised as a highest quality product.
The town is situated on the top of Monte Fluno hill and right here it was built an imposing castle along with its ancient walls. Inside of them there is still visible a medieval village dated back to XI century which is still today inhabited.
From this peak it can be admired the local green park dedicated to Don Giussani.
Going down towards the centre it is possible to visit the new Parish Church of S Lawrence (1510) which contains precious canvas and. an ancient organ( dated back 1600).The old instrument was made at the time by the popular craftsmen Antegnati .
The town is also characterised by many residential houses such as Palazzo Gelmetti- Piavoli, Palazzo Brighenti and Villa Albertini overlooking Piazza Don Gnocchi .
Not far from the town centre there is another artistic highlight, S. Vigilio Abbey. The church is dated back 1104.
Today the church is located inside of the area of luxury Chervo’ Golf Hotel. The Resort is known as an important touristic sporting centre throughout of the Lake Garda
Since 1800 , better known as Italian Risorgimento, The site was a theatre of the bloody battles which leaded to the autonomy through the Italian unification process. The facts were connected to the battles, better known as San Martino & Solferino (24 June 1859).At the time Pozzolengo played a crucial role in this contest in fact at last the 2nd Italian Independence war was definitively concluded.
The name of the Pozzolengo derives from word POCELENGUM.
It is to be said that this name has two interpretations. The root of name is “POCE” like village and in the last part of the name contains suffix “LEM” like “CONTRYSIDE”. The result leads to the meaning “Village in countryside”. The second interpretation refers to the wells spread on the territory. According to this version the well inspired the emblem of the town hall, which is represented also by a well in its flag.